Monday, March 22, 2010

Dad comes to visit!

Peacock wandering the park in Toulouse

Dad and I in front of the Church in Lourdes

La Garonne, Toulouse

Dad loves Lyon!


So yet another visitor to France....my one and only Dad! He spent his entire March Break with me and we had an amazing time!

For the first few days, Dad stayed in Lyon while I worked and did some touring on his own. Then on Wednesday, we set off to Toulouse! Although we soon discovered that our apartment was very close to what seemed to be the Red Light District, the Cafe up the street with the amazing coffee made up for it.

From Toulouse, we went on a day trip to Lourdes, a place that my father has been wanting to go for a long time....and I was really glad I got to share that with him. Despite the tacky religious objects that you can buy on the main street, Lourdes was very beautiful and especially peaceful.

So at the end of a busy but quite relaxing week with Dad, he headed back to Paris to catch his flight while I made my way back to my home away from home.

Toulouse and Lourdes were beautiful, but it made me realize how much I really love Lyon. Nothing compares.


No comments:

Post a Comment